Monday, August 02, 2010

Introducing Shakey for Cats on Tuesday




Shakey, a handsome male all black cat has come to live with us. Shakey has been in the family for a few years now, as he has lived with my son and his family in Quebec. When my son and his family came to visit in July, Shakey came with them and stayed. My son's family is involved in a move, relocating to another province, and Shakey is quite happy finding a new home with us.
He acquired his name Shakey from his reaction as a kitty when he first went to his new home with my son and daughter-in-law, the little kitty was shaking all over; thus he was dubbed "Shakey" My husband, previously an English literature teacher has nicknamed him "Shakespeare". But Shakey he will remain. Shakey is a lovely, handsome cat and we are happy to welcome him into our home.

Cats on Tuesday is a meme for cats posted on Tuesday. This is a new meme for me but its fits perfectly inoto my life style as cat owner. You can find this meme and other contributions at:http://gattinamycats.blogspot.com/2007/12/cats-on-tuesday_31.html



3 comments:

Mary said...

What a pretty cat! Shakespeare seems to have the right feel for such an intelligent looking cat :-) Shakey has a great home with lots of birds to watch now.

Becky said...

Shakey is very handsome indeed.
We have an all white house cat Frosty. She is company for our rescue dog.
B.

Riel Nason said...

Yay Shakey! Your first blog appearance (of many I bet). Shakespeare is nice, but the kids are already stuck on his nickname being Pepper Shaker, since they heard me call him that. Love the pic of him looking out the porch window!