Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hairy Woodpecker for Ruby Tuesday

This morning previous to my looking out the window, my question had been " What to post for Ruby Tuesday? and there was my answer in the form of a male Hairy Woodpecker feeding on our peanut feeder.
The red on this bird guy's head is so outstanding at the feeder! Hopefully maybe its minature look alike, a male Downy will show up today as well. I saw one in Bird Alley one day last week.
This bird has such a lovely fat looking little belly! but I don't think its because he's so full of food, rather I think he puffed up because its so cold out this morning. Yes, the cold weather has arrived in Bird Alley. Its - 10 degrees C. I think the C could stand for "cold in Canada" as well as the Celcius temperature reading it represents.

Got photos with red? Why not share them by posting them to
Ruby Tuesday. To find this delightful red focused meme, please click here
.http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You're so lucky to have these gorgeous birds around--and lucky, too, to have a camera to capture them!

CLAD IN RED

Whenas in red my Julia’s clad,
Then, then (methinks) she’s wicked bad—
Like Hester Prynne, but not so sad.

Next, when I cast mine eyes and see
Those crimson skirts flow full and free,
Her sweet seductions taketh me!


(With apologies to Robert Herrick, 1591-1674)

© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Red Lichen

grammie g said...

Hi Ann...Oh he is a real beauty..nice shots!!

Grace

Teacher Engineer said...

it's a cutie!

carol l mckenna said...

Awesome macro ~ Love the woodpecker! ~perfect for RT ~ namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor)

Leah H. said...

they're noisy but they're cute:)

Visiting late for Ruby Tuesday! Hope you can visit me too:)

http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2011/11/watching-tv-with-her-new-red-shoes.html