Friday, December 05, 2014

A Pansy Blooming during December in my garden!

·
I  found an AMAZING SURPRISE!!!!! in my flower bed! A BLUE PANSY was in bloom there yesterday morning! This is quite an unusual  find for New Brunswick, Canada! The latest I have ever found pansies in bloom in our flower beds was at the end of October. I had always hoped our blooms would last until the Canadian Thanksgiving. and we achieved that goal this year. Perhaps we can now hope for a Christmas bloom? However to find a bloom yesterday has really surprised me! Last week at this time that flower bed was under snow and yesterday had been a day of freezing rain. This morning the outdoor temperature read at -3 degrees Celsius. All this to say we have been experiencing a bit of harsh winter weather extremes already. Bloom on hardy flower friend, Bloom on. Your beauty and endurance is much appreciated and esteemed!!!. I shall check on your progress each day. My cousin  in the Boston area reported having a pansy in bloom in her garden just a few days ago, and I was envious, No. more envy ,  as we now have our own astonishing Pansy bloom!!!

4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Very pretty, what a lovely find! Have a happy weekend!

Pamela Gordon said...

That is a cheerful sight for sure. The weather has been so up and down hasn't it?

Bill S. said...

Oh, the hardiest flower of them all. They are always smiling.

Natasha said...

Awww, lovely! I love seeing flowers blooming in winter. - Tasha xxx