Saturday, September 09, 2017

Black Ducks for Camera Critters

Ducks are becoming more difficult to find these days but there is one small pond where I can often catch a glimpse of a duck for as soon as my car approaches they scatter.  However one day this week I was able to capture a photo of one in flight as it was fleeing away and from the picture below I was able to id the duck as a Black Duck.  Its beautiful 'blue patch' was very recognizable!

I am linking today to Eileen's Saturday Critters which can be found at:
viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.ca

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

hello, pretty capture of the Black Duck in flight! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

A Colorful World said...

Gorgeous black duck! They are so unusual to see.