Thursday, March 12, 2020

My first Duck Sighting of 2020

Yesterday afternoon I did my rounds of my usual duck sighting locations at ponds and the river  I go to daily, and I found none.  However, on my way home I decided to check out my communitiy's local lagoon as I had noticed a few days ago that it now had open waters and glad am I that I did!!!  Yes, I saw a pair of ducks on the water there.  From the distance I could not visually identify them, so I got out of my car and walked to the gate enclosure and held my camera to the opening gap giving me  a view of the two ducks on the water. My Nikon slr camera picked up the images and thankfully for photo editing, which allowed me to edit a clear view of a male Common Goldeneye! What a beautiful sight it was.  I could kind of slightly id the female as well, but it was not a very clear photo capture.

 I shall check the river and pond today as I usually do to see if there are any arrivals there yet, but also I shall check out the lagoon and I will not be surprised to find the two goldeneye there again today! My spring obsession of experiencing my first duck sighting is over and now I shall contently enjoy any further sightings that I might achieve.  High on my to see list are Hooded Mergansers and Common Mergansers.
Have a wonderful day everyone!

1 comment:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful duck and great sighting. I am still looking for this duck.
Wishing you a happy day!