Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gray Jay


At this time of year, whenever I drive through a woodland area, I am hoping that I will get a glimpse of a Gray Jay. The only other jay species in our area, other than a Blue Jay; the Gray Jay resides in coniferous forests all year long. I have found that this inquisitive bird is rather a tantalizing one to photograph. It does not stay long in one spot and this one yesterday had me twisting and turning in my car seat trying to focus my camera on it as it kept crossing the road in front of me, alighting first on one tree branch and then another. For more pictures of a Gray Jay please use the search blank located at the upper left of this page. By entering the name,' Gray Jay' in the space provided, you will locate other postings on this bird.

No comments: