Sunday, December 06, 2009

Snow today, still on the ground

Our snow covered ground this morning has prompted this winter memory for me:

piecing together
computerized visual art
fragments from my mind


Remembering the brief rapture of stolen moments
between after school chores and suppertime

cold wind on my face
exhilaration of speed
sliding memories

rushing headlong, down the snowy hill
climbing up again, only to fly downward once more
each time the upward climb becoming slower and s l o w e r

then the call to supper

with red rosy cheeks and chaffed wrists
from snow clotted mittens
we would rush indoors to the parlor wood stove
remove our felts from snow clogged boots
and hang our melton snow pants nearby to dry
in readiness for another winter's day



note; I have posted a link to my daughter, Riel's new blog at the top of the right hand column.

6 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful memories Ann. Thanks for the link to your daughter's new blog. I will take a look right after I leave here. Have a great week.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Those memories are precious.It seems the snow hills are harder to climb by now.:)
Blessings,Ruth

Appalachian Lady said...

Nice memories--I remember the excitement of the first snow well. Thanks for link to your daughter's blog--will check it out.

Riel Nason said...

That is a great composition photo. Thanks for the ongoing free advertising. ;-)

Mary said...

Very well done, Ann! Brings back memories of my own sledding.

Becky said...

How clever Ann. I love reading about old memories. I can say old now that I am...
B.