Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Streams freezing over for Watery Wednesday

A quick drive over my area this morning looking for winter birds revealed very few birds to me.tho I did see two Pileated Woodpeckers in flight. What I did see was the effects of our colder snowy weather and the influence it was having upon our streams. Many of them were showing signs of freezing over. There is a beauty to the patterns of freezing ice beginning at the banks of streams and then accumulating width inwards towards the middle of the streams as the freezing process progresses.I thought these would be appropriate for Watery Wednesday's theme.
The theme of Watery Wednesday is water; for a wonderful variety of watery scenes from other bloggers around the world, just click on its name.


Above the Merancy Stream

above: The Little Yoho stream

7 comments:

Lorac said...

I love to look at the winter photos! Nice job!

Kathie Brown said...

And now I am blue with cold! Beautiful! Now where is the wood stove!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Cold but lovely scenes.
Blessings,Ruth

bobbie said...

Brrrrr - a chilly one!
I love your tree sparrow above.

me ann my camera said...

Thsnk you all for your comments and your understanding of cold. I am usually cold all winter long and winter is not my favourite season at all![ I love summer heat]At the moment we are in the midst of a winter storm. snow coming down in heaps everywhere!Maybe it will encourage some winter birds to visit my feeders at Bird Alley.I need some action for my camera.

Helena said...

Great photos! It snowed and rained here all day as well, but I chickened out and stayed inside instead of going out and taking pictures. :)

Mary said...

I love the blue look of these! Really pretty.