Thursday, May 20, 2010

Looking Around Outdoors.

I discovered on my evening walk that a Cliff Swallow has built its home and taken up residence in it across the street from me.  You can see  the mud outline above its nest the remnants of last year's nest.Usually they also build around the corner of thebuilding.  The old nest at that location was taken down last fall by the owners of the building after it was vacated.  I shall have to watch there for their rebuilding.  They are quite industrious birds building their nest of mud  layered together one row on top of each other.                                           

 

3 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh,I love the Lupins.I wish they grew wild here,but we have lots in the garden.
BLessings,Ruth

Mary said...

Swallow nests are so fascinating! I would like to watch them building it. Lupines are gorgeous! I would like to see fields full of them. I never see them around here.

Anonymous said...

Regarding lupines, if you enjoy reading an occasional children's book, you might enjoy Miss Rumphius, by Barbara Cooney...a sweet lupine tale.