Saturday, February 07, 2015

Wandering white-tailed Deer for Saturday Critters

We have had so much snow that there is no where else to put it in our yard.  Its even difficult for the deer to wander about. The photo below shows a White-tailed Deer standing on the sidewalk beside our property  looking over the snowbanks there.





While looking out my kitchen pantry window earlier this week on a snowy morning, the snow was falling ( again!!!), 
and I saw this deer walking up my neighbour's driveway.  Once both deer ( there were two of them, you can see two dark shapes in the photo below),  got in my neighbour's yard there was no where for them to go  and nothing  there for them to feed on.
My neighbour across the street commented that they( the deer) had been nibbling on their lilac buds at his property as they passed by.
There are 42 days from today until spring!  It can't come soon enough and I'm sure the deer and  the little birds have the same opinion  of this winter's snowy overloads as I do. "If winter comes. can spring be far behind?" wrote Shelly in his Ode to the West Wind. Those optimistic words stand foremost in my mind every day!
I am linking today to |Eileen's Saturday Critters which can be found at: http://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.ca/
Have a wonderful storm free Saturday everyone!

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I feel sorry for the deer and birds during these big snowstorms.. They must be very hungry.. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post.. Have a happy weekend!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

How marvellous to see this Deer from your kitchen window. However I am long past 40

Mary said...

I hope you get spring soon. I would hate having that much snow! Seeing the deer is nice, however.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Last winter was very cold in West Virginia. One morning I found the deer outside standing on their hind legs to reach the bark on a downed tree's branches.

But this year has been relatively mild. Great pics!
~

Louisette said...

Hard life for deers and birds during storm winter.