Friday, April 24, 2020

Feeding Tree Swallows.

Yesterday morning I chanced upon a very interesting activity of a huge number of Tree Swallows. These birds feed on bugs and insects and I saw many swallows swarming over the surface of an enclosed water space. They were moving so quickly that I could not focus on just one individual bird to get a photo. However from the many group pictures I was able to capture, I was able to isolate one bird and crop its picture from the many. A second photo shows several birds grouped together in their swirling and swooping.  

It was fascinating to observe them! Nature is full of surprises if you take the time to look around and observe the behaviour of the many creatures we share our daily lives with, you may find much beauty and delight in their behaviours. Hopefully I find something as equally as fascinating today. if so I will let you know about it tomorrow!





1 comment:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

It is interesting to see birds swarming around in the spring. I expect selecting mates and nesting sites.