Tuesday, June 30, 2020

This morning's Nature Adventure~

 have had a wonderful start to my day this morning when I went out on my morning drive, At my first stop at Peterson's Rocks

I watched a Merganser family swimming upstream and climb over the rapids there.! I think this was the merganser family Tess, Eli and I had found a week or so ago. The adult merganser was with the group this morning.
My next stop was the lagoon where I found Wood Ducks. Most of them took off in flight as I approached them. I only got a picture of one male near the shore. Then on to Blissville where there are a couple of ponds there. It was a bonus location!



I found three Great Blue Heron and caught a picture of one in flight as I had startled it! Also at Blissville
I found three family groups of Canada Geese, each group being shepherded by both adults, one at each end of the younger ones. Unfortunately I missed a beautiful picture of a male Red-winged Blackbird showing its beautiful red epaulets in flight.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Its a it damp here this morning, but we need the rain and the temperature just just right.

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Great birds and sightings and photos! Take care, Enjoy your day!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Nice photos! The ducks going against the current like that is amazing to see. I wonder what made they do that.