Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chipping Sparrow for Ruby Tuesday

Yesterday morning when looking out upon Bird Alley I was quite sure I had seen a CHIPPING SPARROW flitting about the old twigs and leaves on the ground under the trees. I was able to verify my sighting in the afternoon by taking this picture below of two of them.Welcome back little Chipping Sparrow. You're just in time to show your red head on Ruby Tuesday. To check out other postings on Ruby Tuesday just click on the Ruby logo on the side bar. My appreciative thanks to Mary/the teach for hosting this meme.

9 comments:

Sharon said...

How exciting for you to see these cute little birds! Thanks for sharing them with us:)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The little Chipping Sparrow is a great addition to the spring gardens.
Blessings,Ruth

Deborah Godin said...

Sweet! I saw my first chipper this morning, but since it was pouring down buckets here, he didn't look as nice as yours!

storyteller said...

Lovely ...
Our sparrows are less colorful here in So Cal ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Mary said...

I do believe they are one of the cutest sparrows with that lovely reddish head :-) Great shots!

maryt/theteach said...

Ann, we have all kinds of sparrows here but I've not seen a Chipping Sparrow with that RED crest! I love it! Great post for Ruby Tuesday! :)

DeniseinVA said...

What a happy capture. Lovely photos. I am only just beginning to identify the different types of sparrows. Your photos are a wonderful help to my old memory box.

Becky said...

I've even had a few of these lately. I remember them from when I was very young, and my Grandma fed bread crumbs to the "Chippy" Sparrows on her back porch.
Great choice Ann.
B.

Unknown said...

Chipping Sparrows hang around the house during the winter here in Alabama. They are very approachable- I think that they are the easiest of the birds to approach- and I love their dapper appearance!