Monday, January 24, 2011

After the storm for mellow yellow monday

How to get through the winter? Find a project to work on like this quilt top I am making . I call it "winter sunshine". It will have 150 'yellow -themed"five inch square blocks when I am finished and it is full of nature images of summer and spring. I am worried that the brightness of it just might keep whoever is sleeping under the finished quilt awake so I may have to give a gift of sunglasses, along with the quilt to the receiver of it. For the update on this quilt top please click hereon the url:http://ancestrallinks.blogspot.com/2011/01/fabric-with-touches-of-red-for-ruby.html


After a snowstorm we are always very happy to see this driver and his yellow snow removal machine show up in our driveway as he did on Saturday morning this past weekend.





7 comments:

Jeri ~ said...

What a perfect way to pass cold winter days - the quilt will be beautiful, hope to see the finished product!

Gengen said...

Yes quilt is pretty..Happy MYM!

Marlene said...

I can't survive winter without a quilt. Yellow is perfect to at least imagine sunshine in a cold day.

Kim, USA said...

I am thankful to this people who go early in the morning to plow our snowy road. Yellow is like sunshine appropriate to our snowy surrounding. Happy Monday!
Street/Store signs

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful photos!

My Mellow Yellow, hope you can drop by. Have a great week ahead!

VioletSky said...

Oh, you have your eyes closed when you are sleeping, but when you wake up to theis lovely bright sunshiny quilt - a happy day!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a great way to spend a cold winter day, and I think the 'glow' from the color will make it that much warmer! :-)