Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Something Different for Bird Alley today


Only once before and that was several years ago that we had a House Finch in Bird Alley and I think we have one visiting with us today. I was hoping for something different today  and I think I got it!  I saw it just the one time and I was able to get a few pictures of this very welcome bird..  I do think it is a House Finch.  I hope you all agree with me.

 Also today so far we have had Chickadees
Red-winged Blackbirds
Bluejays
Mourning Doves

a Robin,

White-breasted nuthatch
a Crow high in a tree
and a Song Sparrow shown below

I'm hoping the Cardinals return today, as well as the Goldfinch. It is such fun watching the birds come and go in Bird Alley.

The sun is shining brightly, although it is cold here today with a temperature reading of a -10 Celsius .
We hope to go out to a waterfall later today and take some pictures before the falls freeze over. maybe I'll be back with pictures of it later.
Have a great day everyone!


2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

A nice variety showing up in Bird Alley. Love the pretty House finch. Have a great day!

Me Ann My Camera said...

Thank you Eileen, I was very pleased to see a House Finch. I don't think this is its usual range. I didn't see it again during the day.
I never know what surprises and treasures that the day will bring.