Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Gray Jay

It isn't often that I see a Gray Jay (also know as as Canada Jay, Wiskey-Jack) but if I do it is usually at this time of year that I catch a glimpse of one of these coniferous forest birds. Yesterday I enjoyed that oppor- tunity. I saw it's approach through the near leafless trees alongside an old dirt road and I stopped my car and watched its pattern of ' fly and perch' movements between the roadside branches. It would take a short flight to another tree and then briefly stop before continuing on to another. As I stood beside my car watching the Gray Jay's departing fly and perch pattern; there was a sudden gathering of Chickadees in the adjacent trees and their vibrant sounds surrounded me.
For more photos of a Gray Jay please use the search blank located at the upper left of this page. By entering the name,' Gray Jay' in the space provided, you will find other postings of this bird.

No comments: