Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bohemian Waxwings

Upon crossing a bridge on my way home this afternoon, I spied a small flock of birds in a tree above the river, and so I circled back to try to get a picture of them. Their curosity about me was not as keen as mine was of them, and they left as soon as I started taking some pictures.

Their profile identified them as Waxwings but I was not sure if they were Bohemians or Cedars.
Only later, after down- loading, and doing some cropping and editing, was I able to see the rufous coloured undertail and yellow-tipped wings that are character -istic of Bohemian Waxwings. I'm hoping that they show up in my yard tomorrow as we still have some berries left on a few vines that they might find appetizing.
For a previous posting on Bohemian Waxwings:

2 comments:

NW Nature Nut said...

Those photos from December are just gorgeous! The colors are so incredible, they almost look fake. Nice pics!

me ann my camera said...

Glad you enjoyed the photos. They are very beautiful birds.