Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Picture of an Eagle: Leaving

Sometimes you see what you think might have been the perfect picture! Like the American Eagle I saw this afternoon standing in an open, snowy field: wow! I had just driven over a rise when I saw the Eagle in the field, but the noise of my car slowing and stopping alerted it to possible danger and it immediately flew off across the road and over the tree tops beyond. These are the only two pictures I was able to get. Hoping that I might get another glimpse I scanned all the trees on the other side of the river, which was adjacent to the road, and then drove on, before returning to the area again. I then parked my car and waited for a half an hour or so in hopes that it might return; but no luck!
In the middle of the landscape above you can see a slight, darker, area in the snow. That is where the Eagle had been when I first saw it.

NOTE: When using the SEARCH BLOG option at the top, upper left of this page and typing the word, "eagle" in the space provided; 8 previous posts on American Eagles can be viewed. A couple of the blogs that are included contain only the word, eagle, and not pictures.

1 comment:

Margot and David said...

Still a wonderful shot...welcome back.