Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The settin sun on the eve of Ruby Tuesday

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide, O Canada,
We stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
(words above from "O Canada" our Canadian national anthem.)
The red orb in the sky captured by attention last evening. It was so big and round in the western sky at the end of a daythat was so HOT! We finally have summer heat. Dare/I complain of the heat? Its going to be another scorcher today.Predictions are for the 32 degrees Celcuis range and THAT WILLmake for another hot and humid day again.. Maybe thunder showers later in the day will cool things off a bit.I hope so. Happy Ruby Tuesday to all.

To check out other postings on Ruby Tuesday just click on the Ruby logo on the side bar. My appreciative thanks to Mary/the teach for hosting this meme.

5 comments:

Mary said...

That is a really red sun! Sorry it is so hot there. I've never heard the words of your anthem before, so I enjoyed reading this.

Deborah Godin said...

No sign of the longed-for showers here, just shimmering heat. Maybe tonight?!

Dianne said...

it's in the 90s here, and very humid
I love cool weather so I'm waiting for the fall :)
your photos are beautiful

Texas Travelers said...

We've had toooo many 100 degree days here in Texas lately. Need rain also.

.
Since you are on my blogroll,
you know I like your blog.
I Like the great photos and writeups.

I am back blogging again.
I just started a new WordPress Blog, 'I C U Nature' for Nature Only!
Click here to see the blog.
It will take some learning to work out the differences between WordPress and Blogspot.
The new blog is bare bones right now, with just the masthead and two posts.

Come visit and tell me what you think,
Troy
.

me ann my camera said...

Wslxome back Troy. Thanks for dropping by