Sunday, May 29, 2016

A Spotted Sandpiper at the pond's edge

I love dots and find them ever so delightful when seen on a Spotted Sandpiper's body. I was searching the pond's edges one sunny day last week hoping to find a Painted turtle sunning itself upon the pond's shores.  Here are a few pictures  of the Spotted Delight that I had seen.





I had meant to post these Sandpipers on Saturday Critters but the day got away from me before I had it organized and under control.  I am hoping to get some Swallowtail butterfly pictures next week as our lilac bush is in beautiful bloom and colour : all ready to receive S2wallowtail feeding guests.  Have a nice Sunday everyone.  Sunny with cloudy intervals here and a bit cool, not such a lovely day.





2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the Spotted Sandpiper is a gorgeous bird. I like the spots too. Great sighting and photos.

Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great pictures.These guys are fun to watch.