Saturday, May 21, 2016

Cliff Swallows Gathering Mud for Nest building

Yesterday I noticed much active behaviour and wing fluttering of a small bird species around a mud puddle and decided to take some pictures to attempt to discover what was taking place.  It didn't take long to realize it was a small group of Cliff Swallows gathering mud to build a nest which I discovered in the eaves of a house nearby  where a cliff swallow house was being constructed.
The many pictures below need few words to describe the action.

Today I am linking with http://viewingnaturewitheileenblogspot.ca
Have a wonderful; holiday weekend folks.


3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the sweet swallows. Great series of photos. I would love to watch them gathering the mud for their nest.

Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

Maria's Space said...

These are great action shots!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Fascinating photos.