Wednesday, May 10, 2017

R is for Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Each spring I eagerly anticipate the arrival of a Rose-breasted Grosbeak!
Yesterday I caught a glimpse of my anticipation among the newly opened foliage of our bird feeder area, known to us as Bird Alley.
                                         Its breast color is an unmistakeable eye-catching stand out!!
                                               I didn't have to wait long until it found a feeder. Unfortunately it did not contain any black oiled sunflower seeds which seams to be a food favourite of its.
                                            However the finch food in this feeder seemed to satisfy its taste!

This morning I have used lots of sunflower seeds in our feeders to welcome the return of this bird today when and if it reappears!

3 comments:

Lea said...

Beautiful!
Hope you are having a great week!

Ann said...

Oh my he is a beauty!!! Your wait is over.
Ann

Trubes said...

What a pretty little Bird.
Lovely shot too, thanks for sharing it with us.xx
Oh the delight of ABCWednesday.
Best wishes,
Di.
Abcw team.