Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Small Flock of Wood Ducks

I was so very pleased to find a small flock of Wood Ducks last Tuesday ( August 22) in a small pond nearby.  There were 4 or 5 or perhaps more.  I believe they were all males.  I was able to crop and edit one individual from the group.  this was an exciting find as I have not seen any Wood Ducks in this setting all summer, which was unusual.

Shown above is the small flock I saw on Tuesday
Above is one of the male Wood Ducks seen in the small flock.
Then hoping to find the group again I returned to the same location on Friday and oh, so lucky I saw a small group in the water again, but before I could take their picture in the water they took off and following are a few pictures I was able to capture of them in flight! 
Their take off was in a bit of a jumble, 


however they sorted themselves out in flight as they flew away


These pictures verify my original estimate that is was a small flock of four or five.
And now that I have downloaded and posted these photos I now have a desire to return to the location and see if I can find them again today.
Have a wonderful day everyone!


2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, great sighting of the wood ducks. They are beautiful, especially the males. Great photos and flight captures. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Nice pictures
Its fun to see the way they fly.