Thursday, April 15, 2010

Crocus in bloom, spring growth for Thursday Challenge




Like a Lovely lady wearing a frilly gown

You're just a little tardy for the spring opening party,
While keeping in step like a graceful lilt showing your yellow frill under your white overskirt as the breezes blow:

You bring graceful beauty to my gardens!
I enjoy and celebrate your presence.

To learn more of Thursday Challenge and and this week's theme of green and spring growth please click on the crocus photo on the right sidebar on this page. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Mary said...

I smiled at the description of it as a ladies skirt...so apt!

me ann my camera said...

Mary, I used to attend highland dancing competitions. The 'lilt' was my favourite dance. It was so beautiful and graceful as the young girls held their skirts so daintly!. The yellow frill of the crocus blossom reminded me of that.
Glad you enjoyed my comparision.
AAnn

Lorac said...

Lovely script and pics!

wildcatwoods said...

Wonderful captures - love the descriptions!

Carolina Mounains

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful pictures.Enjoy the flowers and have a great day.
Blessings,Ruth

Leora said...

It looks like a dancer, your pretty, delicate flower.

Jan said...

Beautiful phots, we don't have the cooler weather bulbs and blooms. I thought it was a daffodil.... smile.