Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Red-backed Salamander for Ruby Tuesday

When my husband overturned a rock he called to me. "I found a little red snake!", but it wasn't so for to first appearances and conclusions we were mistaken, for snakes do not have legs and this little salamander does.)Please double click on the picture above to see its legs!

.It spends most of its lifetime under rocks. The red-backed Salamander does not have lungs as most salamanders do and you can learn more about this little salamander by clicking HERE
"Home Sweet Home among and under rocks". This little salamander does not live in water!

Happy Ruby Tuesday to all. Ruby Tuesday is a meme hosted by Mary, the Teach, that celebrates red. To see more contributions to this meme or to share your own red for
Ruby Tuesday please click on the HIGHLIGHTEDRuby Tuesdaywords on this page .


8 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Creepy...yet, cool.

My Ruby Tuesday? I've Got Crabs Do stop by if you get a chance. Have a great day.

Mary said...

Neat find! I love your header of the duck...beautiful!

annies home said...

wow I would not like to meet up with him. Here in Southern Illinois we find lizards and the such in our basements etc... and each time I scream Yuck!!! While my boys seem to want to catch them

fini said...

i never seen a salamander in real life!! I'm amazed!

Stephanie V said...

What a loevly little find. I've never found a salamander here...we do have newts but I've not seen them either.

Auntie E said...

What a nice Ruby Find. I love that fact your Hubby is thinking of helping you with your Ruby post. I never knew that about those salamanders. Very interesting.
My Ruby Link for you

Appalachian Lady said...

I love the red-back salamander--we have them too. You are inspiring me to go look under rocks.

SandyCarlson said...

The things that slither AND walk! Amazing, really. I used to catch them and play with them. Don't think I could anymore!