Saturday, May 18, 2013

A New Wildflower Find For Me; Bluets!

 
I love wildflowers and it is always exciting and intriguing when I find one that I do not know; as was the case yesterday. Its always an adventure to discover something new!!!!We have recently spent a few days at Quispamsis and 
 
       we  had noticed many clumps of small white flowers on several lawns there.  
I took a few pictures and so I searched in a few wildflower books to find their identify as soon as I had returned home.  I found the flower in  a book titled:Wildflowers of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. This is a  lovely book  on wildflowers by Mary Primrose and Marian Munro .
I found pictures of and a description of Bluets on page 48,
   Bluets: 
So you see Tess, that is the name of those  pretty little flowers we  had found on our way home from the park yesterday! They are Bluets!
I have discovered that bluets a.k.a are also known as Innonce or Quaker Ladies1  who knew?


3 comments:

Helen said...

We have some clumps like that only the flowers are really blue.

Pamela Gordon said...

They are really sweet and I don't now as I've seen them here or maybe have and thought they were something else. Pretty posies. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

These are very pretty and charming.