Friday, May 10, 2013

A surprise visitor in Bird Alley!

A cardinal is always a delightful treat and surprise to see in Bird Alley.  Their visits are infrequent. This winter we had a Cardinal pair show up frequently at our feeders, bur I have never seen a Cardinal in bird Alley at this time of year, so it was an amazing sighting this morning to see a female Cardinal in Bird Alley!!  Her beak and crest were so much more red than I am used to observing!  Isn't see beautiful?!
I do hope she reruns again.  I shall have to replenish the sunflower seeds I have scattered around in Bird Alley.



3 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Such a pretty bird. I love cardinals in all their guises. She looks a bit thin. Is this normal for the females?

DeniseinVA said...

She's a beauty and has more color than the ones I am used to seeing. Great shots Ann!

Mary said...

Wonderful! I bet now that they have found you, they will stay.