Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The return of Hummingbirds

Spring is truly a magical time! Late yesterday afternoon my husband called out, " a hummingbird!!!!"
I had washed, and filled and hung out  our hummingbird feeders one day last week in anticipation of their arrival and we were rewarded yesterday with their enchanting  presence.  I couldn't get a picture of the visiting male at the feeder but I did get its photo while it perched on a nearby branch.  However . already this morning I have set up my birdcam beside the hummingbird feeder and I should get a few pictures of it or them ( we saw two yesterday) as soon as they begin feeding this morning.

               above, a male hummingbird perched in our sumac tree
 Already this morning I have set up my birdcam beside the hummingbird feeder and I should get a few pictures of it or them.

                                             Oh, Happy Hummingbird day!

1 comment:

Pamela Gordon said...

Yay! I'm watching my feeders too but nothing yet. Of course they could be coming when I'm not looking! :)