Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gray Catbird for World Bird Wednesday

I had never believed that a bird could mew like a cat until I had heard one.; then I had finally seen one. I always consider it a delight when one drops by Bird Alley, which this little bird did last week. I wish our cat could really talk to us. I wonder if it hear the Catbird outside? Did it confuse my cat? How really cat sounding is the catbird? I find catbirds intriguing!These birds like to nest in wild rose bushes. We have an old wild rose bush in Bird Alley and that is where I had spied this bird first last week. One year a Catbird nested in our Rosebush, and it played 'King of the Castle' all summer long that season long by mewing all over our garden area while perched on our fence. It was delightful! Maybe it will happen again this summer?! I certainly hope so!














Got interesting birds photos to share? Why not post them to world Bird Wednesday? http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/To connect to this interesting meme, just scroll down the column on the right hand side of this page to find the icon. "click on the logo' and follow the instructions from there.

8 comments:

MaineBirder said...

Very nice captures of my favorite mimic, the Gray Catbird!

Springman said...

Of course cat lovers need to have their own bird! It begs the question, why no Dogbird?
Great post!

holdingmoments said...

A lovely looking bird Ann.
Looks like the Blackcaps we have here, with a tail like a Wren lol

Emma Springfield said...

Yet another informative post with wonderful pictures.

Empty Nester said...

Come to think of it, I've never heard a catbird. Excellent captures!

theconstantwalker said...

A beautiful little bird to see.
Many thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

A really interesting bird!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

mick said...

Great photos and it would be fun to have that bird calling everywhere in the garden