Thursday, July 11, 2013

Common Yellowthroat Warbler

While walking around the perimeter of our back yard a few evenings ago I noticed a little bird that seemed to be following me.  It flew from fence post to fence post and now and then flew onto a tree branch.    It was a favourite little warbler species that I haven't seen much of this summer. You might be wondering from the picture?  " Who ( What) is that masked bird?  that was accompanying me on my walk.

My husband has nicknamed this little masked bird as "The Lone Ranger Bird"Remember themasked man? the Lone Ranger from those long ago childhood days in the 40's or so."  Hi ho Silver and away!" Silver was the Lone Ranger's faithful stead, his white horse.Since that evening  when I go outdoors in my yard on an early evening I do some pishing" and this little faithful Lone Ranger Bird follows me along on my walk.  This little masked bird is actually  a male Common Yellowthroat Warbler.



1 comment:

eileeninmd said...

Pretty shots, nice sighting of the warbler!