Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hooded Mergansers Yesterday

 Hooded Mergansers;I search for them each spring and yesterday I found a pair.  They were not in the usual location where I find them but rather in a roadside small flooded run off near a ditch.  I love the colour and intensity of the golden, yellow eyes of the male. I think these pictures are interesting but they do not reflect the beauty of the male with his beautiful white-patched hood.  The female is usually spectacular with her bad hair






day fluff, however I am sure I will find these beauties in their usual location in a day or two and I shall get more  pictures.  Until then; these photos to enjoy!

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

The Hooded Mergansers are beautiful, great shots and sighting..

JDS said...

We have hooded mergansers way over here on our side of the planet as well.

And although I am in a subtropical part of the southern Unites States, every day I see sandhill cranes - which also live in Siberia!

It's incredible how large the range is for some varieties of birds.