Thursday, February 14, 2008

On this Valentine's Day, following the 15th major winter storm to have hit the Maritimes this winter season, it seems appropriate to post a message of optimism and faith, that; "Yes!", spring is on the way, hopefully just around the corner! At the beginning of each winter season I remind myself of Percy Bysshe Shelley's consoling closing line from his, Ode to the West Wind.

"If winter comes, can Spring be far behind?"



"If you keep a green bough in your heart,
the singing bird will come"
.
- an ancient Chinese proverb

4 comments:

Mary said...

Very nice Valentine post! Happy Valentine's Day and hope your spring comes soon.

me ann my camera said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Mary.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

For all the snow and ice we keep seeing, I think spring is just around the corner. Yesterday I noticed the Weeping Cherry branches are beginning to get little "nubblies" on them. I like the Valentine you made. Great idea to do the different shots in hearts.

me ann my camera said...

island and sandpiper:
The sun lingers longer now each day, and despite the below freezing temperatures icicles just can't stop themselves from melting with joy when the strong afternoon sun warms up the day. :-) I can feel the seasonal change in the air.

Post-Valentine's greetings to you both!