Saturday, September 01, 2018

A duck and a great blue heron for Saturday Critters

At this time of year I go out hoping to find ducks.  I found two yesterday and so intent was I on getting their pictures that I failed to see the Great blue Heron standing behind it!  Only as the duck

was swimming across the water reflection of the Great Blue Heron did I see it standing there! I was sitting in my car on the road with my window down and I was only focused on getting the duck picture.  Go figure! I was so very pleased to see the heron as I have seen so few this summer.  I had seen two ducks swimming by a small island there in the pond but I had not seen the large Great Blue Heron standing on the island shore there.
I shall go to see if I can find it again today!
I am linking this mourning with Eileen's Saturday Critters which can be found at viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.ca
Have a wonderful day everyone on this first day of September. How I appreciate being a retired teacher on days such as this.  Net week /I shall smile and wave asI see the schoolbuses passing by!

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Happy September to you! Great capture of the heron and duck. It is a pretty wetland scene. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Neat photo!