Saturday, February 16, 2019

Maybe a Pine Grosbeak for Saturday Critters.

I'm not totally sure of the id of this bird, but from the shape and size of its beak I am guessing a Grosbeak


 and I am making a guess of a Pine Grosbeak. It has been a few years since we have seen that species in Bird Alley, and I think they are beautiful birds.  The bird that I saw this morning did not stay around long, but here is its picture!

I am linking today to Eileen's Saturday Critters which can be found at viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, nice shot and visitor. It does have that thick beak of the Grosbeak. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a neat sighting and the beak makes it look like a Grosbeak...for sure! Enjoy your weekend!