Thursday, July 16, 2009

Green Frogs for Green Thursday



Appropiately called this is a Green Frog, This frog is mostly drab green in colour overall,however its upper jaw is bright green. A refreshing colour surprise when you see it sticking its head out of ponds or ditches where it is most commonly found in NewBrunswick.During my recent hospital stay one of the recreational therapies offered that I was able to partake in was painting ceramic forms. The day I saw this frog in its basic white I thought "green" and my mind drifted back to summer days and ponds. Today this green frog basks in the sun in my sunroom.note( this is not a real frog.)

Thanks to Rambling Woods for helping out Pagan Spinx by hosting this meme on her blog.To to contribute orto see other like- minded "green posts" just click on the Green Thursday badge on the top of the right column on this page

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Yes, I remember spending lots of time at the pond catching froggies. We'd put them in a pail and then release them all at once to watch them hop and splash into the water.
Thanks for the great memories.

bobbie said...

Frogs are some of my favorite people. Love these pictures - including the "not real" one.

Deborah Godin said...

A couple of summers ago, one (or two) of these took up residence in the drainage ditch across the road. We'd had excessive rain that year, and though I don't like it too wet (we're flood-prone) I wish these frogs were regulars. Great photos, including the one relaxing on your shelf!

Appalachian Lady said...

I love frogs and all things amphibian!

Mary said...

Wow...great frog shots! I never seem to be able to find them for photos. That first one peeking out of the pond is perfect and the second one really shows the details. Love the painted one! I'm glad you got to do something arty while in therapy...so perfect for you!