Tuesday, May 03, 2011

A bad hair day for Ruby Tuesday














This guy Pileated Woodpecker has a marvellous red head! It looked a bit ruffled on the top, and his feathery ( hair?) really appealed to me. He is up very high at the top of a hydro pole .






Got photos which have a bit of red that you would like to share? Then Ruby Tuesday is the meme for you. To learn how to participate please scroll down the right hand side of this page to find the Ruby Tuesday icon, just click on it and you're there.








6 comments:

DrillerAA09 said...

There are a pair of these incredible creatures living in the woods behind our home. They are great fun to watch in the winter. Happy RT.

Kim, USA said...

Hahahaha I think he is cold!!
Red Barn

Mel_Cole said...

Fantastic captures of the woodpeckers! Loved it. Please visit my Ruby Tuesday page here.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

Red Tulips is my RT, hope you can come and visit.

DeniseinVA said...

That is such a neat photo!

Becky said...

Oh how I would like to see one or two of them. Sometimes I hear them in the woods, but just too far away.
Cool shots.
B.