Tuesday, May 17, 2011

male Rose-Breasted Grosbeak for Ruby Tuesday

















We have had two handsome male Rose-breasted Grosbeak visiting and feeding in Bird Alley recently. Yesterday I missed a great picture of them both, one on each side of the same feeder, but "Oh
Well, perhaps they'll return today. They are quite skittish and seem to detect the slightest movement by me on the other side of the window. The female of the species showed up too. She is not very beautiful, To me she looks like a giant sized female Purple Finch. ( see her picture below) See what I mean?














Got pictures with red? Why not share them on Ruby Tuesday? http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/Please scroll down this page to the right and you will find the ruby tuesdat icon there. Click on it and follow the instructions. This great meme is hosted by Mary, the Teach.

7 comments:

DrillerAA09 said...

Handsome little fellow with the ruby red chest. Nice work.

eileeninmd said...

I love this bird, great shots!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I'm impressed. It takes patience to take photos of flitting birds!

DID SOMEONE MENTION SCARLET?

Did someone mention scarlet
Or was it red I heard?
Perhaps it was a varlet
Or a vermilion bird
That shouted out the color
That’s dearest to my heart.
(It makes me feel much duller
If red is not a part.)


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Just a Spot of Red

Carolyn said...

wow!!nice bird..pls visit My Ruby Tuesday

DawnTreader said...

Sweet little bird ;)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Such gorgeous shots!

Hope you don't mind peeking at my Ruby Tuesday, thanks!

Dinah said...

Love the shots! Lovely bird!

Roller Coaster