Monday, May 30, 2011

Pulling Dandelions for Mellow Yellow Monday

Well, the excitement of seeingthe first dandelion blossom is over, now all we want to do is get rid of them. I bought a weed pulling gadjet on the weekend and it works great! I don't even have to bend over. I just push the prongs of the tool into the earth where the roots are centered, push them (the prongs into the earth ) and step on the end of the foot pedal and voila, a pulled dandelion, roots and all. I push off the pulled dandelion with a sliding attachment on the handle and with my hands still clean I begin on the removal of another. Oh happy day! My first pile of pulled Dandelions shown above!
Got pictures with yellow? Why not post them on mellow yellow Monday? This is a delightful meme which shares post with yellow with others. Just click on the link http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/ or just scroll down on the right hand side on this page to find the mellow yellow logo and go from there. Have a great Monday everyone!

4 comments:

Stephanie V said...

I know what everyone else thinks about dandelions. They're still my favorite flower!

Emma Springfield said...

I like dandelions too. They can really take over though. That sounds like a useful tool.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful captures! We have some in our yard too but we keep digging them up.

Mellow Yellow at my page.

Kay L. Davies said...

I loved dandelions when I was a child, but the love affair is over now that we have to pay to have them removed from our boulevard or face a fine from the town by-law officer.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel