Friday, February 10, 2012

Moon Watching for Skywatch Friday


This has been a week for enjoying the full moon which occurred on February 7th, but if you look closely at the photo above it is evident it is losing its fulness or roundness on its right side. this photo was taken at about 6 a.m. this morning, Atlantic standard time.
However , this losing of its fullness is not evident in all of my photos. This photo above; taken later in the morning, after my morning cup of coffee and internet searching, email checking activities ,ushered a bit of early morning moon beauty into my camera lens. Isn't it lovely viewed through the branches of our old tall maples which tower over our driveway and house?

Skywatch Friday is a long standing meme where sky views from all over the world are posted at:
http://skyley.blogspot.com/Why not participate as well.

14 comments:

HansHB said...

This is so good! I like the composition!
Great work!
I wish you a Happy Friday!

DrillerAA said...

I have got to try to capture the moon sometime. This is very nicely done. Happy Skywatching.

Janet said...

Wish I could capture the moon this well! Love the eery one from behind the branches.

DeVona said...

Lovely photo!

trav4adventures said...

OOhhhh...I like the one through the tree branches! Yes, it has been a beautiful moon lately.

Smalltown RN said...

OH I do love a good moon photo...wasn't it an amazing moon on Tuesday....you have captured it well!

Linda said...

There have been great opportunities for moon photos this week. You captured some great ones.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Nice photos.

Regards and best wishes

Debbie Taillieu said...

Oh my gosh! Love that second picture!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Debbie's travels

Regina said...

Wow amazing!
Happy swf weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely moon shots, the first one is my favorite. Just beautiful. Happy Skywatching!

Powell River Books said...

The moon was pretty spectacular this week. That's what I chose too. I especially like the closeup with detail. - Margy

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I really like that second shot with the moon behind the branches... well done!

Mary said...

Neat photos of the moon! That one looks like stained glass :-)