Friday, March 26, 2010

most recent bird arrival in Bird Alley


This newest little arrival in bird Alley yesterday,was frisky and seemed to be so full of energy as it was busily flitting about. It looked like it had grasped onto this bird feeder, just in time. as it lunged there to hold on. I caught a glimpse of movement and saw the telltale white lines dashed along the sides of its head and I thought to myself " Red-breasted Nuthatch. " There is a large, old stand of Pines nearby that nuthatches frequent and I would guess that this nuthatch dwells there. "Please drop by again, little bird". You are always welcome. And bring along your cousins too, the White-breasted ones anytime. My husband caught a fleeting glimpse of a small group of Robins flying over our yard this morning! I hope they return for a photo shoot later today!


And the little nuthatch was back again this afternoon choosing to feed from our peanut feeder in Bird Alley.This little Red-breasted Nuthatch continued to have an appearance of energy. It is a lovely looking little bird! Until tomorrow little bird!

2 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I loved your photos of this red-breasted nuthatch. He is a new one to me so thank you for introducing him.

bobbie said...

Isn't it pretty!