Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcome Spring

Oh Happy Day! The first day of spring! Good bye winter, I am not sorry to see you go although your presence the last few weeks has been gentle. My apologies to those who have read this before. I wrote this several springs ago but it has become my welcomeacknowledgement to this delightful season every since.

Personifications of Spring

spring whispered and I listened
as trees swungtheir bare branches in welcome

pussy willows basked in warm sunlight
lulled by blended sounds of mating melodies
singing ageless songs of hopeful renewal

spring sighed and I watched
as melting snow created lawn ponds

awakened roots in the moist earth
quenched their frozen winter thirst
and yearned to stretch their green shoots upward

spring shouted and I felt its power
as disintegrating river ice abandoned its frozen grasp

pelting rains and furious winds spurned slothful winter
and rivers swelled their banks with prideful freedom
while egg laden fish dreamed of journeying home

spring returned today and I smiled and was content
secure in my knowledge of its enduring loyalty

1 comment:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Very well said.
Blessings,Ruth