Sunday, June 13, 2010

Driving down country roads for Scenic Sunday

I think the driving down country roads theme will be my focus for the next week. there seems to be much road crossing activity going on. This I saw a white-tailed deer cross in front of my oncoming car, Then after having gotten to the woods edge safely I saw the deer watching me from the safety of the woods. Can you see the deer? Double click please to make your viewing easier.

Following a circular route I was almost home when I saw this' looks- like a -chicken' creature walking down the middle of the road.
I then realized it was a Ruffed Grouse as it leisurely crossed the road in front of my car and entered the woods on the other side. A beautiful wild woods creature!




I never know when I will encounter something along an old woods road. I now have to go to the city but I am takin a route which will take me through an old graveled woods road for a diatance of 9 kilometers. Hopefully I will have some pictures to share when I return home.

Scenic Sunday:a meme of beautiful scenery. To learn more about scenic Sunday please go to:http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/ or to post your own contribution, please click on the link within this post.

4 comments:

Helen said...

I do see that dear. One did me that way once. Looked like it just backed up in the bushes to hide. More that likely there are others still to cross the road. The grouse is a beautiful bird. Thanks for sharing. Helen

bobbie said...

"Driving down country roads" is an occupation I have always enjoyed. Your pictures are always wonderful.

Mary said...

Wonderful that you got that shot of the deer when it was so well hidden. Love the grouse, too since I've never seen one.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I love country roads,they hold so many surprises. The deer is very well hidden.
BLessings,Ruth