Tuesday, September 07, 2010

A bird with a bit of red for Ruby Tuesday





Every year in September we get visits from Yellow-bellied Sapsucker. This year is no different. We saw this one yesterday morning feeding on the trunk of this tree.

Shown below in this archive picture you can see the red on this woodpecker's throat


Got photos with red? want to share them?To check out other postings on Ruby Tuesday just click on the Ruby logo on the side bar or here:http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/. My appreciative thanks to Mary/the teach for hosting this meme

6 comments:

Bill S. said...

Beautiful bird. We do not get the yellow-bellied, but we get a lot of red-napped sapsuckers here.

Mary said...

I like sapsuckers and sometimes one will visit us...none so far this year.

Auntie E said...

Very interesting bird.
My Ruby Link for you

preschool said...

We have various woodpeckers, pileated are frequent visitors, as well as red shafted flickers. They are so much fun to watch.

Anonymous said...

The yellow-bellied sapsuckers are slower here but still as pretty. I like your bottom photo especially.

GailM. said...

I love all your photos. Beautiful. Thanks for dropping by my blog the other day. You were interested in the goose quilt block that I showed. Contact me at gailmitchell@yahoo.com and I'll share the info on sourcing the pattern.