Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Great Blue Heron by the water for Watery Wednesday





I have seen very few Great Blue Heron this summer and so was very pleased to see this one yesterday morning by the river's edge while crossing the bridge so I drove to the park there. I used the photo shop poster edges filter to enhance its appearance.( please click on the picture to enlarge it.) While watching it flew up river
and as I watched it dipped one of its wings in the water.

Bye bye Heron, I hope I find you again this morning when I check down by the river for a glimpse of you.( see editing note below about this mornings sighting)
Waterty Wednesdayhttp://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/ is a delightful meme where you can enjoy almost any aspect of water scenes or activity. This meme offers a wide choice of topic. To view contributions of others or to post your own contribution, please click on the Watery Wednesday icon on the right sidebar on this page and enjoy. A Happy Wednesday wish to all!

editing note: I took thisabove picture this morning at my favourite pond whileI was there looking for Canada Geese. There were no geese to be found, but instead I found two Great Blue Heron there, which were just leaving as I caught this one just taking off.

9 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Love the 'flight' shots!!!! I so love to watch birds.

My Watery photos are about the 'disaster area' in town during a day long rainstorm. Click Here if you'd care to join me today with your visit.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

heron dips,
dives and dishes fish
from river



Water Wheel

Penelope Notes said...

Lovely photos! The arced wings of the heron is poetry in motion. Mystical Teacher caught the event in words beautifully.

Judy said...

I love the shots of him flying! I don't seem to be able to get them, though! They are shy birds!

Jan n Jer said...

Great watery shots...love the ones in flight!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Great capture.

eileeninmd said...

Great shots of the Heron in flight.

Anonymous said...

May try for another post card in oil? Stay tuned. rlr

Mary said...

Beautiful! It's been a while since I've seen one. Great flight shots. Love the one dipping its wing.