Wednesday, September 01, 2010

A small flock of Canadas for Outdoor Wednesday

Ahhh..., the great outdoors! What treasures can be found there! Yesterday morning I found this small flock of Canada Geese!. They had been there last year too at this same time. The faithfulness of nature and its repeated cycles are reassuring. some things are so predicable! I have a few favourite locations and this is one of them which I follow with a seasonal interest! Its going to be another extremely hot day and if I hurry I can check out this spot early before things get moving too much. , we have an appointment in Fredericton this morning at 10:30 Although I would love to see this group in flight, so I shall have to hurry!.


Outdoor Wednesday found at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ is a delightful meme that invites you to share the outdoors with others. The theme encompasses the outdoors, a topic within the theme of your choosing. to learn more of this meme or to share your view of the outdoors please click on the 'outdoor Wednesday' logo on the right of this page. Happy Wednesday outoor gathering to all


Below are photos from the same location last year in October 2009


The rising morning sun threw reflections of autum colour all over the waters.
I had found them(Canada Geese) early this morning where I had hoped they would be... on the water; back on the pond. They were there before eight; as was I. I had assumed they would have spent the night there.Their sounds drifted across the beautiful water. What a wonderful way to start the day! These are golden images of nature!

7 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful.Yes,this is the perfect way to start the day.My wish for you is that the day will continue to be perfect.
♥ Ruth

Mary said...

What a difference the seasons make :-) I never get tired of seeing Canada Geese, even though they are the kind I see most often. They are really very pretty birds.

Maggie said...

Stunning photo's especially the ones from last fall.

Linda said...

Beautiful photos! Those geese are magnificient. I have been watching the birds a lot and have noticed a change in behavior...Autumn will soon be here:0)

Tammie Lee said...

there is something wonderful about finding a familiar experience when we look for it. I love the autumn colors in your last seasons photos, we are on the edge of that now.

Cindy said...

Great photos! What a lovely place to be at an early hour. Your sunrise photos are second to none.
I love Canada Geese, too. They make so much noise going through the sky, I pointed them out to my grand kids yesterday as flock after flock flew overhead.

JO said...

awesome! love the colors in the last 2 photos.


~ Jo's Precious Thoughts ~