Friday, September 10, 2010

Drainage Pipe for weekend reflections




I would much prefer that there had of been a beautiful Wood Duck swimming out from the mouth of this pipe as I have seen before for it connects to a small pond on the other side of the railroad embankment.

Looking through my photo archives I came upon this beautiful reflection of a Common Merganser in the water shown below. The reflection of colour on the water tells us that it is in the autumn of the year. Not that I want to hurry the seasons too much, but I find myself looking forward to that beautiful season of colourful falling leaves: the Autumn.

Weekend Reflections http://newtowndailyphoto.blogspot.com/:is a meme where you can view beautiful reflections captured by others. Just click on the logo on the right to see what others have captured with their cameras.

6 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Who would have thought that a drainage pipe could be that pretty.I love the reflections on both shots.
Beauty really is everywhere,we just have to look.
Blessings,Ruth

'Tsuki said...

That is a random heart http://clytie-randomhearts.blogspot.com/ as well as a stunning reflection... Great sharing, thank you !

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Very interesting and quite eye-catching. Enjoy your weekend.☺

Helen said...

Great pictures of reflections. Helen

Becky said...

Excellant choices Ann. I love the heart shape of the drain reflection.
B.

Mary said...

If you look sideways it makes a heart shape...very nice! That Merganser is very pretty and the water colors are great in that shot. Almost amazing that the reflection shows up with all that other color!